History of 101 Maple and Eldon Drug
The history of 101 Maple in Eldon, Missouri, is closely tied to two significant establishments in the town's development - the Bank of Eldon and the Eldon Drug Store. In 1894, the Bank of Eldon was founded by R.S. Harvey, who also built the building that would house the bank on the corner of First and Maple Streets. This was a crucial milestone for Eldon, which until then lacked a proper financial institution. Harvey was a respected figure in the community, having held important state offices and worked tirelessly for the town's betterment. He was also a key player in promoting good road infrastructure and was a member of the finance committee for both campaigns for Missouri road bond issues.
Over the years, both the bank and the drug store changed hands. In the 1980s, CB Whitney sold the Eldon Drug Store to Dennis Bond, who owned it for 30 years. Miranda Henley, who had worked for Eldon Drug since high school, purchased the pharmacy from Bond in 2013 and continues to operate it as a hometown pharmacy serving the community. Eldon Drug Store has been a staple in the community for over 100 years, providing retail pharmacy, long-term care pharmacy, compounding, medical equipment, and a gift shop. It continues to evolve and adapt to the changing needs of the Eldon community, with the hope of serving the town for another century.